2017 passed by in such a blur that when I realized it was nearly over, I felt a little cheated. But here it is.
It’s January again.
I love what the New Year represents. A clean slate. A new beginning. But I’m still taking in what I’m supposed to be leaving behind, so to speak.
I look back at the last 12 months. They’ve been big ones. Hard ones. Beautiful ones. All of them bearing fruit in one way or another. And I like how it carries me into 2018.
1. We had some long days and long nights in 2017, but in the end, we had each other. Our family is a circle of strength and love that continues to grow.
2. I enjoy being a wife, mother, and Nana more than any other role. In 2017 we walked through some valleys we couldn’t have anticipated, but we did it together. You can conquer anything when you do it as a team.
3. I need time-outs. Not because I’m in trouble, but because if I don’t pause and take note of the ordinary, the extraordinary will pass me by.
4. To laugh is good. Those who make you laugh are better.
5. I can accomplish nothing without Him, and grace is my one word for 2018. It is the vehicle that drives me in the valley and helps me soar the mountain tops.
I don’t know what 2018 will bring, but I want to treasure everything and revel in what God has given me here and now and allow grace to be my guide. One word, endless possibilities.
What did you learn in 2017?